Saturday, February 20, 2010

What I'll Miss Installment #7

I am a week behind in being grateful. It's not that I have found nothing to be grateful about; I just haven't had time to write about what I'll miss. That is the trouble of joining a book club. We exchange books so everyone is reading different things, and it is a lot of fun. This time I was bold and took two books by Michael Gladwell (Outliers and What The Dog Saw) and I am trying to finish. (Plus there have been other trips to Global Village, dinner with friends, and that one holiday that I no longer love.)

But in the past week or so, I have realized that I am really going to miss Chicken Tikka Inn--probably the best Indian food I have ever put in my mouth. The Chef and I have been ordering it for lunch quite often these past couple of weeks. For 26 AED, about $8, we can get one meal that is big enough to split. Our current favorite is the Handi Chicken Achari: chicken cooked in yogurt & their special pickle spices served in a clay pot. (Yes, that's the menu description, and when you order take out you don't get the clay pot.) It's spicy, rich, and melt-in-your-mouth delish. To accompany it we also get an order of the Tandoori Naan. Because seriously, what's an Indian meal without Naan?

Now I am hungry for lunch, and it's only 9:00 in the morning....

No comments: