Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Deliberations

Due to the uplifting encouragements of my good friend Toria, I have officially purchased my first pair of skinny jeans. Thanks to the excellent prices of the Dubai Shopping Festival, I was able to get a pair of tight pants for around $40.00, otherwise I would not have given into the peer pressure. Didn't I tell you Dubai was the place to do some shopping?

I would post a picture, but I am still deciding whether or not this new purchase will enhance or destroy my already fragile self-esteem. So far I feel positive, but that may change one that PMS-time rolls around.

So why did I get them? Well, it's time to update my wardrobe. When I was in London, I realized that I have been quite frumpy as of late. (If you can imagine it, in the presence of Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York I wore oversized khakis, a baggy charcoal sweater, and a grey t-shirt. In the words of Tim Gunn: "Egads!") I can probably give several reasons for my bland wardrobe, but sufficeth to say it's time to feel better about myself and fashion is a good way to start. So is laying off the treats at work and going to the gym five days a week.

Retail therapy was a blast. I bought more than just the jeans, and could've happily purchased more. However I didn't buy that totally awesome blue/green Mulberry bag that was on sale for a mere 4000 dirhams. (That's about $1000--the equivalent of my rent.) I just drooled and started accepting applications for my future rich husband. Spread the word.

"Will look good in skinny jeans for Mulberry bag."

3 comments:

Mary said...

You will look great in skinny jeans! That inseam....

I on the other hand am quite happy with my Gap Curvy brand. But I did try tucking my slimmest pair of jeans into my boots like all the girls are doing now. I felt rather sassy.

Angela said...

It also took me a while to get a pair of skinny jeans and I was surprised to realized that I liked them.

I think you'll look awesome!

monica said...

hah love it. i can totalllly picture you wearing skinny jeans, cute flats with the worlds cutest or even simplest cardigan and tshirt. yup.

ps i cant get over how much it looks like you have massive arm tattoos of you in the pink bandana frosting little pies(or something as equally delicious)