Sunday, September 02, 2007


Who else gets to take the Amtrak to Girl's Camp?


The first night we had foil dinners. I was one of the lucky ones who ate dinner after letting it cook for 20 minutes. Some dinners took over two hours.



I felt that Juhly and I needed to document our time lost in the woods. We look happy despite the fact we had no clue where we were.


Backpacks are better!!!



A rare smile during an otherwise frustrating teaching moment.


This particular certification lesson was about nutrition. No Tita, Big Macs are not nutritious.


L-R: Dariana, Me, Aimee, and Jennifer. No clue who the girl in front was.


Hermana Soriano--a camp veteran. She goes every year.


My Girls L-R: Tita, Natasha, Caroline (in the sweatshirt)


L-R: Caroline (again), Lizzie (blond), Juhly, Vanessa, Aimee


L-R: Aimee, Jennifer, Dariana. In the background: Andrea, the Stake Camp Director

Very tired girls at the train station

Waiting for the train home.
Try to picture this:
There was one moment when I wished I had my camera ready. The girls found a bat hanging on the window frame of the lodge. One girl thought it would be fun to poke at it with a stick. The bat didn't enjoy it too much and took off. The girls screamed, but Tita, with a look of absolute horror on her face, took off running as fast as she could. I laughed. I couldn't help it. Was that mean?











2 comments:

Kate said...

Crazy! I love the pictures. You are so skinny, and you look so young!

Adventure said...

I love those pictures, I miss being in girls camp.