Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wish I Had a Camera Moment #1,467,298

Alternately Titled: I Left My Eagle at Home

I don't bring my camera along as much as I should. Anyway it's kind of slow, and usually by the time it's up and running the photo op is long gone.

Tonight would have been just one of those experiences, and boy would I have liked to have had my camera at the ready:

I was standing outside my apartment building waiting for a friend from church, when one of the building's residents came walking towards the front doors carrying his pet. This maybe doesn't appear so out of the ordinary as us Westerners are used to walking dogs, and sometimes even cats on a rare occasion (that I mostly witnessed in France). This Arab guy was carrying his falcon. I do know that falconry was a popular sport in the region, I just never thought I'd see a guy take his bird for a nice evening stroll. (I don't know why he was carrying the bird around on his arm, but he walked like it was the most natural thing to do.)

Yes I stared. I had to get that mental picture because obviously I didn't have my camera.

No comments: