Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The internet gods are finally smiling on me!

In the following posts you will find pictures. Lots! More than one! Actually about five per post, as it is all that blogger will let me post. Yeah!

Now for some quick news. My job sucks and I will be moving to another bakery in Dubai by the end of this month. Provided that my boss doesn't find a way to subterfuge me into staying. (Which would be a horrible mistake. I have a knack for pushing people away and being just plain hard to be around.) There is pretty much nothing he could do to get me to stay. The week of Valentine's I had to stop being in denial and realize that working 15-18 hour days for a guy who discounted all my advice and opinions as fatigue, illness, and PMS; who forgets that his employees are humans and need lives outside of work; and breaks promises made in employment contracts is not someone I want to work with.

So the bakery creator, who is based in Jordan, is sending me to work with my friend Aaron in Dubai. I should be there for four months, and if things go well I will work at a new shop in Abu Dhabi. I will miss my church branch, and especially my primary kids. Fortunately, everyone in the congregation is supportive...even though that means one of them will have to work with the primary kids...

Anyway, enjoy the pictures! There will be more soon (now that I've managed to figure this out). This whole project has taken more than an hour. One hour sitting in a smoky internet cafe with power anthems and love songs from the 80's and 90's playing in the background.

7 comments:

stephanie said...

I loved seeing pictures... finally!

Sorry to hear about your job. Do you expect the next bakery to be better? I hope it is!!

Jacks said...

I love hearing about your amazing life. Great courage to walk away from a bad situation.

Thanks for the pictures! What a life you lead - keep it coming.

Ang said...

Love love love the pictures, the stories and the fact that you are having adventures! Miss you lots and wish you much luck in Dubai.

Karina said...

I'm sad you are leaving Beirut but glad you are going to another exciting post, I hope they are not such slave drivers.

LMT said...

Its great to see you and hear from you. Glad you are well. We'll miss you tonight at our Visiting Teaching get-together.

take care~

Kimpossible said...

Ugh! I haven't checked your blog in a while. I'm so excited that you're going to Dubai and that you're going to be working with Aaron Brown! Yeah! I love that! Did you know that Amber Henry is over there right now too? I'm just bummed that I didn't get to see you in Lebanon...but I probably wasn't going to make it over there anytime soon.

So sorry to hear about your job, but you have so much to look forward to! Congratulations!

Dave said...

I'm in Abu Dhabi several times a year for work. I haven't made it down to Dubai yet, and honestly don't get downtown Abu Dhabi too often either, but it sure would be cool to see a familiar face there! Good luck!!