Sunday, June 28, 2009

They Come From a Land Down Under

Not only does she drive me to church, my home teacher's wife Oriwa (a lovely part-Maori lady) has also helped lift me out of my music rut. I love people who seek after good music. We bonded a bit over The Arcade Fire, and have been sharing music back and forth. I introduced her to Ryan Adams, Travis, and Camera Obscura. She is the messenger that delivered that fabulous Ben Taylor song below, along with several gems from her native New Zealand. All the musicians on her list were fabulous. But it was the song below that I couldn't get out of my head (along with the Ben Taylor song). I bought the whole album.



Charming, eh? The whole album is full of great songs.

Now, here's a little something for fans of Bret from Flight of the Conchords:



Any more great tunes from NZ, and my next stop on this crazy trip around the world just may be in Auckland. (No, I am NOT hinting at any changes in my address. It's purely dreamy speculation, influenced by good tunes. The same way FNL leads me to Texas and 3-week cycling races push me to France.)

3 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

krista likes this (thumbs up).

monica said...

oh my gosh. i love both those songs. i want that goldenhorse album. good find. and i love that bret. whenever i say bret in reference to him i think it how he says it. hah.

Why Not said...

I need a list of your favorites. Post one. I need some new tunes.