Tuesday, October 14, 2008


And the Heavens Opened...
My Favorite Band For Life's third album was released today. I had a little dilemma about the choice of buying the physical copy of the CD or downloading the music from iTunes. I felt that as a true fan, I should buy the actual disc, but for $11.99 iTunes offered a deluxe version complete with demo tracks, a documentary and extra songs. I think you all know what I chose. (I will probably put the CD on my Christmas list.)
I previewed the album last week on lastfm.com, and so far I like the album. Two tracks in particular ("Lovers Are Losing" and "Again and Again") were immediately stuck in my head, which I consider a pretty good sign. The album is full of familiar Keane traits like soaring anthems, and intense keyboard synths. (I'm probably just making that word up.) This time the band reaches far into the 80's for some New Wave pop inspirations musically, but the lyrics contain the typical depth that I love about the band. Catchy and profound as usual.
Now I just need to hear about US Tour announcements to make my third album joy complete.

2 comments:

LauraLee said...

You know whenever I hear a Keane song I think of you. Hope you are doing well.

LMT said...

That is so funny, I love Keane too! Haha. See we were meant to be friends. I actually got free tickets to see them when they were performed in Central Park last summer. It was so cool.

hehe.

cheers!