Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Some Good Music News

The following two posts are kind of sad. OK, one is sad, the other is mildly pathetic. So before you read those I thought I would share some fun music news. First of all, I am going to see Snow Patrol on Monday at the Madison Square Garden Theater. Yeah!! My friend Connie is coming with me and I think she loves Snow Patrol more than me. But a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that my mom and I were making the band dinner and I made a few song requests for the show. I'll let you know if they play "Cartwheels." Just so you know, they probably won't since it is not technically a Snow Patrol song. Gary Lightbody, the lead singer, wrote it for a side project called Reindeer Section. So, um, Gary, if your publicists check blogs and you come across mine please play "Cartwheels" on March 26th!!!!

Aqualung just released a new CD entitled Memory Man. The last CD was kind of low-fi and sleepy, although it has the best crush song ever ("Strange and Beautiful"). This new project is ore high-fi, with more energy and emotion. Check it out.

Saturday night I was trying to make a playlist for my roommate's St. Patrick's Day party and I thought I had enough Irish bands for the party. It turns out that I don't. My collection is heavy on music from the British Isles, but I was surprised that I had so many Scottish bands (Snow Patrol, Reindeer Section, Franz Ferdinand, Camera Obscura...). But the one I want to mention is Travis. I first heard this group when I lived in France, and I was very impressed. I just have a collection of top singles, but I have a huge list of must-buy songs that grows every time I hear another one on Accuradio. Then I heard some good news. On Sunday a girl at church told me that they are releasing a new album in May. Yippee. I checked out the website and found a link for the music video on YouTube. I am attempting to post it. If it worked you will have found it by now. Click on it, and hear the song. If not, I will attempt to post the link again. I know it's possible; people do it all the time. The best part of the new album is the eventual tour. Travis has not had huge U.S. success (which I am totally ok about), but they should make an appearance in NYC. Everyone comes here.

Except Keane. They did a small tour on the West Coast--my cousin Stephanie saw them and loved them--and they are headed to South America, Central America, and Mexico. But do they have plans to come visit me? No! Their Favorite Band For Life status is becoming a little tarnished. Keane, if your publicists are monitoring blogs: COME TO NYC!!!

1 comment:

kiki said...

My sister and I went to see Ok Go and Snow Patrol in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. It was much fun.