Tuesday, March 20, 2007


He was a good dog
The sad thing about living so far away is that bad things happen like our dogs being put to sleep. And although dogs are important members of the family, we don't exactly get bereavement days for them. So I guess it is a good thing that my parents didn't call to tell me that our dog, Rime, was put down. I didn't want to be informed of the news at work. But I didn't want to be told via my parent's blog a week later.
Anyway, it will be sad when I go home next and won't have my little Rimey greet me excitedly as he used to. I think I was his favorite. Actually he was excited to see everyone. But Rime and I had a special bond; we would go on walks together. In full disclosure I must admit that I didn't want to take him on walks, but I didn't really have a choice. One day he literally demanded that I take him with me. So I did, and then everytime I went to walk he came with me. There was no hiding my intent to go outside. Rime knew which shoes and exercise clothes I used. As soon as he heard the swish of my pants his tail would start wagging, and he would also start barking if he thought I was taking too long to get ready. I couldn't even say the work walk or spell it. Although I didn't want to take him on walks at first, it became one of my favorite things to do.
I will miss my large, furry, white puppy.

No comments: