Thursday, June 30, 2011

Overachievers, Please Try Harder

Another quarter has come and gone, and I am officially done with my first year as an Interior Design student. I have already mentioned how much I love it, and I think it loves me too. Yes, I am still getting good grades.

However, I don't really like school's grading policy. Instead of giving A's, B's, and C's we get grades like 4.0, 3.9, 3.8...you get the picture. So my final grades for this quarter were: 4.0 for Textiles, 3.8 for Architectual Graphics, and 3.7 for Rendering. Technically these are all A's, and I can't help but be pleased about that. But when I look at my accumulative GPA for the year, I have a 3.87. It looks like a got a B somewhere, but I didn't. A 3.7 is my lowest grade, which is still an A, but it doesn't look as nice as a 4.0. This is very frustrating. It is no longer enough just to get an "A" but now it has to be a nice, solid, perfect-looking 4.0.

P.S. The image above is a picture I took of my final project for Architectual Graphics where we learned how to draw 2 point and 1 point perspectives. If it wasn't for the stupid models we did earlier in the quarter I would have gotten a 4.0 in that class too.

3 comments:

farmerette said...

Oh the pain of struggling for that 4.0! We all know you're a smarty pants even if your GPA says 3.87! Good Job!

Latter Day Prodigal Son said...

Sweetheart I want you to know that I am very proud of you. I know you worked hard, and you've done a great job.

Malesa said...

That would frustrate me too. Sounds like you are still kicking trash though.
Good job.