Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Crazy Eye, Stink Eye...Pink Eye

As I was quickly downing my cold chili lunch today at The Bakery, a manager asked how my day was going, paused, and asked if I was okay. Confused, I said that I was fine, and she then asked me why my eye was all blood-shot. I had no answer, but I suspected the dreaded pink eye. While this condition has not been confirmed by a medical professional, my eye is pink, goopy, and feels kinda funny. Since I work with food, this isn't a good thing. But at least I get to take some time off.

But that's the trouble with pink eye. Sure, the eye looks a little wonky, but I feel fine and would like to go out and play. Or go to a baseball game like I wanted to do tonight. However, no one wants me around. The girls at Anthropologie won't want me touching their pretty clothes, grocery stores don't want me hanging around the produce, and no one wants me on the subway...which is probably where I picked up this little infection of mine in the first place.

3 comments:

Malesa said...

Oh sadness. I'm sorry. Pink eye is the pits.

monica said...

man that bites, i cant even remember the last time i got pink eye. such a weird infection. good luck with that!

monica said...

oh i just realized it was an older post, so hopefully its gone by now!