Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Not that I needed a reason to love them more...
As many of you may already know, I kinda like the band Keane. Ok, that's an understatement. I have actually entitled them Favorite Band For Life. I am sure I've mentioned this a few times, and perhaps have detailed the anguish and joy of recent concert drama. (If you are new to the blog, check out the archives and you will find the whole story.
Anyway, today while browsing news articles at my current freelance gig, I came across a story in the Chicago Sun-Times that makes me love this British trio just a little bit more:
NOT KEANE ON BRITNEY

Britney Spears asked the British pop trio Keane to write something for her; they've written songs for Gwen Stefani and the Pussycat Dolls, but the lads refused, says the Mirror in England.

"There are some things we definitely won't do," keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley told the paper. And he poured salt into the wound: "Gwen, and Nicole from Pussycat Dolls, are phenomenally talented, and we wouldn't want to start diluting that level of musical quality."
I'm not sure how much I agree with them helping the Pussycat Doll girl because I am morally opposed to the girl-group, but you should all check out the Gwen/Tim Rice-Oxley song "Early Winter." It's a stellar song and is in the top 25 most played songs in my iTunes. It may have even broken top ten.

3 comments:

kiki said...

That's funny and wrong. What exactly is the line between PCD and Brit-Brit?

merebuff said...

PCD just has more girls running around without clothes and singing crappy songs. PCD also eats less

monica said...

i love this blog! go keane!