Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tonight as I was cooking some dinner, I heard a couple of explosions. No, it wasn't my cooking...even though I do cook on a gas stove. I decided to into my room to see if I could get an idea where that noise came from. It came from a building behind mine that was, at the time, on fire.
After a few more exlosions, the flames got even stronger and they roared out of the window. It seemed like it took forever for the fire department to come and put the fire out. Finally they came.
The first firefighter (sorry for the bad picture) broke all the glass out of the remaining windows on the floor. I thought it was rather odd, but as soon as the hoses turned on, I realized why. The force of the water would have broken the windows anyway, and at least glass was no longer flying with it.

It was creepy to watch, and I am just so glad that no one was in the place...that I saw. I hope everyone was safe.

No comments: