Sunday, July 09, 2006

Across the street from my place.
My building.
My side of the street.

I thought I would add some more pictures to my blog. I know most of you probably equate Washington Heights with the ghetto, and honestly there are places around here definitely apply. For example I have some guy friends that live on 160th between Broadway and Amsterdam. The Broadway side is very ghetto-esque. The music is loud, there is garbage and graffiti everywhere, and young kids travel around in packs. I don't know what the crime scene is, but my friends have complained of fights outside their window at 5:00 a.m. The Amsterdam side is different. Sure it is not like Central Park West (super ritzy), but even with the graffiti and garbage it is a lot nicer. Somehow it just feels better. (My guy friends agree.) There are a couple of churches on Amsterdam, and I get the impression that there are a lot of families around.

And then there is my street in the Morris-Jumel historical district. It is a quiet street with trees. (a rare sight around here). No graffiti, and no garbage. I hope the pictures give you and idea of my street.

2 comments:

Mrs. James Quigley said...

so fun to pics of your place! though it does only justify my jealousy... you're really there. uh, no fair. (this is really steph, but your blog won't let me post because i'm *anonymous*)

Mrs. James Quigley said...

k- thought I was going crazy, cuz I don't remember posting anything plus it didn't sound like me. i do like the pictures though. keep them coming.