Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blowing the Dust Off

Hi! Remember me? I used to blog here, and post pictures about some of the places I've been. I know what you are thinking. I came home from those places over a month ago, and I have no blog post to show for it. To ease your worry--because I know you are more worried than annoyed-- I did not die in a plane crash; I am not still stuck in Dubai; I didn't run away; and I didn't get kidnapped by terrorists.

I did get kidnapped by two strong forces however: laziness and ambivalence. And I am just trying little by little to break free from their grasps and finish writing about the Middle East and posting the pictures (you are going to love the pictures). With a little more strength I may break free enough to look for a job. (It's a horrible task that makes a Stockholm Syndrome victim.)

Well, I have started the job search process, but let's just say the "old college try" is feeling very "backwater technical school half-hearted attempt." It would help if I knew what I wanted.

My captivity has been mildly productive. I decorated my room; started to re-readed the Anne of Green Gables series; cleaned out all of my boxes; got caught up on Criminal Minds; and blew my mom and sister's high scores on Mah Jong completely out of the water. Sadly none of these things actually brings one closer to employment.

But it does make for a happy kidnap-ee. Now it is time to start Anne of the Island.

3 comments:

Quigley Family said...

great update, I'm excited for photos! jobs are over-rated.

Mary said...

I got your voicemail last night! I'm glad you are back on US soil, you almost ex-pat.

I will have to email you (my cell services is weird, plus my boys love to chatter at me in the background).

Can't wait to see the pictures, and I'm on Anne of Ingleside right now for my umpteenth read-through. Anne of the Island is probably my favorite. But I think the whole series needs a touch more Gilbert.

Jacks said...

It sounds heavenly. Take your time, if allowed. There is much to say for good books and organization to inspire ones' future.