Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This Just In!!!!

I was wasting time on IMDB.com and I am very glad I did because I learned some very fabulous news:

- PBS has the best possible news for all Jane Austen fans: Beginning Sunday, January 13, "Masterpiece Theater" will broadcast adaptations of all of Austen's six novels, plus a new drama based on her life. This four-month, first-ever U.S. television event includes new productions of Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility, along with the classic productions of Emma (starring Kate Beckinsale) and Pride and Prejudice (starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle). And Miss Austen Regrets, a new drama starring Olivia Williams and based on Austen's own letters, offers an intimate portrait of the young woman behind the famous novels. Visit the official site to find out more about "The Complete Jane Austen", premiering Sunday, January 13 on PBS.

So set those TiVo's and DVRs to record; this is an amazing television event, and will make up for all the dismal TV due to the writer's strike.

2 comments:

Vicky Bigmore said...

Wasting time on imdb is always the great fun. I also spend hours on it - just typing in names of people I love and seeing what films they are doing soon. Great fun!

Kate said...

So I'm super behind on reading blogs. But I just caught myself up on your news... and I loved it all. Sometime I want to visit NYC in the wintertime. Well, actually, I'd like to visit it anytime.... And I LOVED your Christmas card email... even if it was an email. :)