Monday, November 06, 2006

The Votes Are In!

Actually only two people voted, and I am very proud of one of the votes. Sorry to say Kiki, it wasn't yours...but I am very happy you voted, and you will be rewarded.

The other vote was from the blog "Trust but Verify" (TBV) that writes about the Floyd Landis case. As you can probably imagine, I have it bookmarked and I read it everyday. Since I listed Floyd on my ballot of blog topics, TBV came upon it and voted for Floyd! I feel kind of proud, but also a little embarrassed in case he saw the cycling blog entry when I forgot Pat McQuaid's name and called him Dennis.

Trust But Verify is a great source of Floyd info because he scours all news stories, blogs, and whatnot about Floyd. He will publish the good and the bad, but like me this blog is very pro-Floyd. Look it up! Soon you will know that Floyd is innocent!

I wonder if Floyd scans the blogs and has found mine. In that case I am very embarrassed about my faux pas.

And now for the cycling update. Floyd and his defense team has released their defense to the public. I have read through a portion of the documents, and I firmly believe something fishy is going on at the infamous testing facility. The lab made grave errors, but I don't think they did it because a French cyclist didn't win (again). The French did better this year actually, I thought, though Thomas Voeckler is still not at the form he was in for Lance's 6th win. I think the whole mess is because of the McCarthy-esque witch hunt that the UCI and WADA are obsessed with.

The Italian sports authority (and I am not referring to the sporting goods chain) has decided that there is not enough evidence to convict Ivan Basso, so they have dropped charges (unless the Spanish authorities dig up real evidence). I was very happy. But then a few days later Team CSC and Ivan parted company. Now this is a bit of a conundrum, because CSC was my favorite team because of Ivan. I'll still like the team because of Dave Zabriskie, but I am about to pledge allegience to the team that picks up Ivan. There have been no team announcements yet because the UCI has not yet cleared Ivan. That organization has so conveniently forgotten all of his clean tests. If the anti-doping tests actually work...

Thanks TBV for the vote! Next up, Halloween!

No comments: